July 1: Fourth on the Farm
Celebrate the birth of our nation!
This day will give both children and adults the time to reflect on the meaning of our American freedoms, our responsibility to our continued independence, and remember those who fought and paid the ultimate price. Witness horseback riders as they deliver the Declaration of Independence, hear the Declaration of Independence read, and use a quill pen to sign your own John Hancock!
DATE: Saturday, July 1, 2023
TIME: 10:00 to 4:00
Banjo player Bob Kilham will entertain us with musical selections from the 1700 and 1800s.
The day will be full of fun activities!
- Watch the firing of colonial muskets and the British Army’s “Brown Bess” flintlock musket.
- View a special demonstration of Flags of the Revolution.
- Enjoy strawberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream while sipping switchel, commonly referred to as Haymaker’s punch, on the front porch..
- Visit the historic Jones farmhouse dating back to the 1700s and take a tour with guides in period dress.
- Enjoy lawn games, including three-legged races, wheelbarrow races, egg in a spoon relays, a skillet toss, and horseshoes.
- Take a tractor ride to visit the cows, goats, sheep, pigs, horse, and chickens.
- Visit the blacksmith, who will be doing demonstrations in his shop.
- Play the Big Barn Scavenger Hunt in our 104-foot barn with prizes for those who complete it!
- Bring a lunch to enjoy at our picnic tables, or purchase it from Richie’s Hot Dog truck.
- Visit our Country Store to purchase a membership, homemade jams, jellies, small crafted items, fresh eggs, and cheese.
MEMBERS & Blue Star Families: FREE
Senior (65+): $8
Juvenile (4-17): $6
Children under 4: FREE
Family Pass (2 adults + kids or grandkids): $30
We are always looking for volunteers, actors, and craftsmen to help us with setting up events, hanging flyers, photography, role playing, and cleanup.
Learn more about volunteering with us!
Link To Event Page -