October 14: Civil War Muster Day
Travel back in time to the 1860s!
The New Hampshire Farm Museum will host the 12th New Hampshire Civil War Regiment based out of nearby New Durham. Experience camp life complete with tents, campfire, rifles, and drills.
DATE: Saturday, October 14, 2023
TIME: 10:00 – 4:00 pm
Bob Kilham, banjo player, with music from the 1800s
Muster Day Activities
- Watch as camp followers prepare a common pot meal.
- Enjoy a slice of Muster Day Cake on the porch.
- Watch the 12th New Hampshire Civil War Regiment perform drills.
- Take a tractor ride to explore our 60 acre property overlooking beautiful Teneriffe Mountain and visit our cows, sheep, rabbits, chickens, and goats!
- Meet Sarah Josepha Hale, New Hampshire native, who was the editor of Ladies Godey Magazine in the 1800s.
- View the special exhibit in the ell showcasing framed prints from Louis Antoine Godey’s magazine.
- Listen to the story “Mary Had A Little Lamb” with Grandma Pat in the parlor.
- Try your hand at children’s games such as hoops of grace, hoop rolling, or horse shoes.
- Visit our blacksmith at the Blacksmith Shoppe.
- Purchase a lunch from Richie’s Hot Dog Truck, or picnic overlooking the Old Stage Road.
MEMBERS & Blue Star Families: FREE
Senior (65+): $8
Juvenile (4-17): $6
Children under 4: FREE
Family Pass (2 adults + kids or grandkids): $30
Link To Event Page -